Call for Workshops
The ICDE conferences increasingly attract co-located workshops on topics that relate to data engineering. Continuing this trend, ICDE 2011 aims to feature a number of co-located workshops. Proposals for workshops should be submitted, in pdf format, to both of the Workshops chairs by June 1, 2010.
The duration of a workshop is one day or one and a half day. Workshops will take place on either April 11 (full day) or April 15 (half day) and 16 (full day) in the location of the main conference. Room assignment is at the discretion of the ICDE 2011 local organizers.
The proceedings of the workshops are expected to be published jointly with the conference proceedings, and workshops are expected to adhere to a joint schedule for camera-ready copies that enables this. Workshop organizers are responsible for collecting accepted papers and copyright forms in the correct format.
Workshops will benefit from the registration process of ICDE 2011. Each workshop will be charged a fixed amount per workshop participant for hotel costs, equipment rental, coffee breaks, etc. Beyond this, if the organizers of a workshop choose to charge additional fees to cover meals, etc., they must inform the General Chairs of their intent and must manage the process on their own.
Each workshop proposal must contain all pertinent information, including the following:
- workshop title
- short description of the topic and format of the workshop
- explanation of why the proposed workshop is a good match with ICDE 2011
- names and contact information of the workshop organizer(s)
- names of members of the program committee (at least 50% must be known and confirmed at the time of the proposal)
- special considerations regarding proceedings, if any
- proposal for important dates (paper submission deadline, notification deadline, etc.)
- expected number of participants
- in case of previous instances of the workshop, the historical numbers of participants
- in case of previous instances of the workshop, the historical submission and acceptance counts
- preferred workshop duration and date(s)
The decision about acceptance/rejection of workshop proposals will be made by the Workshops Chairs in consultation with the General and Technical Program Chairs, taking into account venue capacity.
Evaluation criteria include overall quality and the fit with respect to the expected ICDE 2011 program. Note that proposals are especially encouraged on emerging topics that are relevant to data engineering and are not already covered by the main conference. Notification will be given by July 30, 2010.
The organizers of successful workshops will be responsible for their own review process and publicity (e.g., website). They are required to cooperate closely with the Workshops Chairs and the ICDE 2011 local organizers to finalize all details mentioned above, provide input for publicity to the ICDE 2011 organizers, etc. In particular, local organizers may require that all workshops adhere to a specific general timetable to facilitate catering. Workshop organizers must inform the Workshop Chairs of the numbers of submissions and acceptances as these numbers become available. Workshops with fewer than 20 expected registrants may be canceled at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Only accepted workshops are official ICDE workshops and enjoy the support mentioned above.
Submission Deadline: June 1, 2010
Notification Date: July 1, 2010